Saturday, March 25, 2006

Mathematical Poetry from Finland

I received an interesting email from Finland yesterday. A mathematical poet there named Marko Niemi sent me some links to some mathematical vispo. One link in particular, directed me to one of his interactive math poems. I have to declare this is my favorite mathematical vispo piece to this date. It is a fractal poem and due to the fact, I have never seen one before, I find it quite exciting. Before I go into the details of how it works, I am going to leave it with you to figure out. I had a lot of fun poking around to see how it works and when the fractal element hit me, I was quite surprised. Marko’s hint was to click on one of the words to “zoom in”

Midwinter night's dream (click here)

I will be discussing the details in a future blog entry.

No comments:

Visit the National Gallery of Writing